BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 14, 2010

" An Especially Beautiful One"


from President Monson's story he told at the General Relief Society broadcast. . . . .

" Mary was visiting with a friend who had a greenhouse. As she looked at her friend’s flowers, she noticed a beautiful golden chrysanthemum but was puzzled that it was growing in a dented, old, rusty bucket. Her friend explained, “I ran short of pots, and knowing how beautiful this one would be, I thought it wouldn’t mind starting in this old pail. It’s just for a little while, until I can put it out in the garden.”"
. . . . “Here’s an especially beautiful one,” God might have said . . .“He won’t mind starting in this small, misshapen body.” But that was long ago, and in God’s garden how tall this lovely soul must stand."

10 comments:

Ashlie Grow said...

that brought happy tears to my eyes. thanks tanya. I'm thinking about you all today.

Kurt & Rachel Keyser said...

Love you Tanya!

Washington Family said...

Very cool Tanya, thanks!

Ryan and Christina said...

beautiful! I am so excited that I stumbled upon your blog!
xoxox
Christina

Kimberly said...

You couldn't have found a more perfect story to share! Thanks, Tanya! We love you!

MaRilla said...

Love it Tonya. Hope all is well at the Tui house. Love you all! And he must be standing very tall right now!!!

leah said...

I miss that especially beautiful one. you guys too. xo

Veater Family said...

Much love coming your way from the Veater Family :) Give a big hug to your mom, dad and your beautiful fam from me :)

Katie May said...

I've been thinking about you all, too! That was perfect! We love you and your family. I sure miss him.

marybarnum said...

Tanya....what a beautiful reminder story of wonderful Zac. We love the GROW family and miss Zac! Please tell your whole family hello from us. We think of you all often. Such happy memories! love marybarnum :)